Standing District Meetings
Roundtable & Committee Meetings – Haygood UMC, 4713 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
- Cub Scout Roundtable: Second Tuesday, 7:15 PM
- Boy Scout Roundtable: Second Tuesday, 7:15 PM
- District Committee Meeting: 6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month
Commissioners Meeting – Council Service Center 1032 Heatherwood Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
- Time: 7:00 p.m., Meetings are typically held on last Thursday of the month
- Cape Henry Chapter Meeting – Church of the Holy Family, 1279 N. Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454, 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month
- Powhatan Chapter Meeting – Wesley Memorial UMC Scout House, 288 E. Little Creek Road, Norfolk 23505, 7:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month
- The church is located at the Interstate 64 exit, and the Scout House is to the left of the church.
The next Roundtable sessions will be held on October 10 at Haygood United Methodist Church. The church is located at 4713 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455. Roundtable sessions start at 7:15pm.
Having trained leader is very important. Some leaders are changing positions in the fall. If a leader in your Pack is changing position, turn in the application once they have completed training for their new position so the records reflect the correct information.
For a Pack to go camping, there must be someone in the Pack on the trip that is Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) trained. The district is offering a fall course to help you prepare for camping in the spring so you have someone trained in case your Pack’s current person is transferring. It is recommended that every Pack have 2 or 3 trained people. The training is schedule for October 21 at Bayside Presbyterian Church.
Youth Protection Training
Now is a good time to update your training. Unit leaders can obtain a list of everyone registered in their unit and when their training experience by logging into Training Manager of My Scouting Tools. Remember that YPT must expire on or after December 31, 2018 come charter renewal.
Journey to Excellence
The district is asking you to track how your unit is doing on the journey. Here is how the district is doing. We ended August as a Silver District. Of the sixteen (16) items the district is measured on, your unit has a direct influence on thirteen (13).
- Fundraising – Currently Bronze
- Fundraising Manpower – Currently Bronze
- Market Share – not rated
- Membership Growth – Silver
- Opportunity to Join – Not rated
- Membership Retention – Bronze
- Cub Scout Advancement – Gold
- Boy Scout Advancement – Bronze
- Cub Scout Camping – Bronze
- Boy Scout Camping – Bronze
- Service Hours – Bronze
- Unit Retention – Silver
- Unit Visitations – Gold
- Unit JTE – Gold
- District Committee – not rated
- Leaders Trained – Gold