Standing District Meetings
Committee Meetings – Calvary Baptist Church, 4832 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach
- District Committee Meeting: 6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month
Roundtable – Calvary Baptist Church, 4832 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach
- Cub Scout Roundtable: Second Tuesday, 7:15 PM
- Boy Scout Roundtable: Second Tuesday, 7:15 PM
Commissioners Meeting – Council Service Center 1032 Heatherwood Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
- Time: 7:00 p.m., Meetings are typically held on last Thursday of the month
- Cape Henry Chapter Meeting – Church of the Holy Family, 1279 N. Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454, 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month
- Powhatan Chapter Meeting – Wesley Grace UMC Scout House, 288 E. Little Creek Road, Norfolk 23505, 7:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month
- The church is located at the Interstate 64 exit, and the Scout House is to the left of the church.
Please submit people from your unit for the various district awards that we will present at the Breakfast in April. Nomination forms were sent to all unit Key-3.
Family Friends of Scouting
Now is the time to schedule your unit’s annual Family Friends of Scouting Presentation. This 10-minute presentation is given by volunteers explaining why the council needs your support and assistance. Please email Richard Becker with your date, time, and location.
Journey to Excellence
The district is asking you to track how your unit is doing on the journey. Here is how the district is doing. We ended the year as a Silver District. Of the sixteen (16) items the district is measured on; your unit has a direct influence on thirteen (13).
- Fundraising – Bronze
- Fundraising Manpower – Bronze
- Market Share – not rated; no growth; we are serving only 5.5% of the population
- Membership Growth – Bronze with 0.65% increase in membership over September last year
- New Member Recruiting – Bronze with a 0.1% increase
- Membership Retention – Gold at 79.3%
- Cub Scout Advancement – Gold at 80.2%
- Boy Scout Advancement – Gold at 53.6%
- Cub Scout Camping – not rated; 31.1% went camping
- Boy Scout Camping – Gold; 69.3% camping
- Service Hours – Silver; 6.4 man-hours/scout
- Unit Retention – Silver at 94.4%
- Unit Visitations – Silver at 37.7%
- Units earning achieving Bronze or higher – Gold at 69.8%
- District Committee – not rated
- Leaders Trained – Gold with 100% trained